Alabama rot – infectious between dogs in same household?

Home Forums Alabama Rot Forum Alabama rot – infectious between dogs in same household?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Street 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

MamaBear33
    Participant

We were planning on doing some touring round England in our camper next year. We have 6 dogs. 3 shepherds, 3 alaskan mals. Having seen this on the news and looked at the map Im thinking twice about that. I also wanted to ask, I realise its something dogs can pick up, but is it something that if one of my dogs caught, they could give it to all the others?

Chris Street
    Keymaster

There are 8.5 million dogs in the UK. With 98 confirmed cases over 4 years, Alabama Rot is still a rare disease. But if it happened to your dog…

Jessica Worthington’s dog Pippa died. Her other dog Molly, who also got skin lesions, and had been walked in the same area, survived. See May 10th 2017 BBC report.

Chris Street
    Keymaster

There are 8.5 million dogs in the UK. With 98 confirmed cases over 4 years, Alabama Rot is still a rare disease. But if it happened to your dog…

Jessica Worthington’s dog Pippa died. Her other dog Molly, who also got skin lesions, and had been walked in the same area, survived. See May 10th 2017 BBC report.

The forum ‘Alabama Rot Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.